Apply to be a PLEASURE Educator!
Applications are due Monday, November 28th, 2022 at 11:59pm!
We aim to improve how our communities navigate sex and relationships in order to end sexual violence.
PLEASURE works on a model of culture change. We know that violence thrives in a culture that accepts or is indifferent to bigotry. We seek to change the environment and empower others to seek health and healthy relationships of all kinds. We reject all forms of Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, Transphobia and Identity-based hatred. We aim to help each student explore and develop their own set of values and skills. As such, we strive for inclusivity in our discussions, welcoming participants of all backgrounds and perspectives.
We do our work in lots of ways. You might find a Pleasure Educator :
- On a committee working to change policy
- Hosting a study break about contraception or communication or erotica
- Presenting a workshop to athletes, FSILGs and other student group
- Hosting a larger event with other educators such as “Pleasure in the Dark” (an AMA about sex and relationships and consent and pleasure- anonymous & in the dark with glow things)
- Speaking up when they hear someone tell a hate-based ‘joke’
- Supporting a friend
- Having fun and sharing their passion for not just health- but pleasure
Started in 2015, Pleasure is a student-led effort to promote healthy relationships and eliminate sexual violence at MIT. We are sponsored and supported by the office for Violence Prevention and Response. In the fall of 2015, we implemented a pilot program in Random Hall consisting of peer-facilitated workshops on topics ranging from sexual health to communicating across cultures and value systems. Since then we have held workshops and facilitated conversations in nearly every dorm and we are actively expanding into FSILGs!